If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chard and walnuts make a darker, heartier pesto that is fresh, filling, and cheaper to make. We have experimented with quite a few alternative pestos, and this one turned out to be our favorite. —Savory Love
- 2 cups green chard leaves, de-stemmed, packed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, cheese, and chili flakes together until smooth.
- Add the chard leaves and blend.
- Pour the oil in through the top slowly and steady to help emulsify and blend until completely smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.