If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recommend you make this very easy and delicious, slightly spicy Shrimp Stir Fry with Asparagus. Fresh, clean-tasting, healthy and good for you – all good things! The pancetta adds big flavor, along with the garlic, asparagus is so tasty this time of year, the chili flakes add a touch of spice and the cashews give you some buttery crunch. It’s a win-win and super quick to throw together, so make this shrimp dish for your family and serve with LOVE! —MaryFrancesCooks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4" slice of pancetta, minced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 1 1/4” length
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled with tails on, washed and patted dry
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons hot chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 handful roasted cashews (I used lightly salted ones)
- chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- Warm the olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add the minced pancetta and sauté for about 4 minutes. Add the asparagus and toss and cook for 2 -4 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, make sure your shrimp are washed and patted dry, Season one side with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and add the white wine and sprinkle on the chili flakes. Continue cooking until the shrimp are pink and done, about 2-3 minutes total, on this other side. Throw in the handful of cashews and toss all to distribute evenly.
- Serve over steamed Jasmine rice and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!!