If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brain and heart healthy to detox weary bodies! Omega 3 fatty-acids and whole grains leave you full and satisfied. —onetinyspark
- 1 4.25 oz package of quality Portuguese sardines in olive oil (I prefer the Bela brand)
- 3-5 cucumber slices
- Ricotta cheese for spreading
- Shallot or red onion, thinly sliced
- Dill sprigs, cracked red pepper flakes, and sea salt for garnish
- 1 -2 slices whole rye bread
- Lightly toast the rye bread. Then, spread on a generous amount of ricotta cheese. Layer the cucumber and shallot slices on top. Next, spread the sardines evenly over the cucumber and shallot slices. Sprinkle with cracked red pepper and sea salt. Finish with a sprig of dill. That’s it!