If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Don't you feel that we are going through a "I want to eat only comfort food" phase? You know, these days that you return at home and only the though of cooking kills you and that you want to eat only chocolate? And you make the food that requires the minimum fuss and energy. Sometimes you make pasta and sometimes you eat the previous day's leftovers. What about turning your leftovers in something really tasty and not eating pasta (again)?Crunchy chicken and brussel sprouts in the oven with a melted cheese and wine sauce —Despoina Kortes | In Whirl of Inspiration
Serves 1 person
Chicken and brussel sprouts part
grams brussel sprouts
grams chicken breast (or any meat leftover)
rosemary, salt, pepper
For the cheese and wine sauce
grams of melting cheese (I used goat and Brie)
tablespoons of dry red wine
tablespoons raspberry or pomegranate juice
- Clean the brussels sprouts and cut them in 4 pieces. Cut the meat in little pieces and stir it with the sprouts (If you only have raw fresh meat, give it a boil for 15' before continuing.).
- Then drizzle the sprouts and the meat lightly with olive oil, lemon juice salt and freshly ground pepper and put them in the oven at 180C for 20'-30'. Stir frequently so all parts get golden brown; you want crunching meat and sprouts.
- In the meantime, take a pan and over low heat, add the wine and chopped cheese and start to stir. Mix it the juice with the flour and pour this uniform batter in the mixture that lightly boils. Continue to stir, season and add 2-3 chopped leaves of rosemary.
- Remove the food from the oven, pour your thick delicious sauceand enjoy while warm.
- ( This recipe was firstly published in the "In Whirl of Inspiration' site. Link in profile.)