If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found the best way to make a BBQ pizza. By placing the pizza dough in the oven with olive oil on the bottom of the pan for 4-5 mins at 300 degrees it allows the dough to be crispy all around. Then adding the ingredients in the order i listed below allows the bacon to create juices to overall hold and absorb every other flavor in the pizza. Then throwing the cheese on the pizza in the last 5-7 mins... that allows the cheese not to burn.
Overall time was around 25 mins at 450
The last 5 mins i put the oven on 300 to make sure it won't burn.
Seriously it was so delicious and refreshing on this Sunday afternoon. —Alexis Bianchi
Serves 3-4 people
- 1 packet Dry Active Yeast
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- Take 1 pack of Dry Active Yeast and pour it into 1 cup of warm water (let it sit in there for 5 mins)
- then add 1 tablespoon of sugar 2 tablespoons of olive oil 2 teaspoons of salt Mix together
- and finally mix that into 2 cups of flour
Sweet Summer BBQ pizza
- 1/2 cup BBQ ssauce
- 1/3 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 handfuls Mushrooms
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 3 pieces garlic
- Place dough in oven at 250 for 5 mins with olive oil on baking sheet
- Take the dough out and layer the ingredients on the pizza. I chose to do the BBQ sauce then the Bacon followed by mushrooms and jalapeños to allow the bacon to absorb a lot of the flavor. Then added the arugula, followed by more jalapeños and mushrooms to make sure its extra spicy.
- Let it sit in the oven at 450 for 20 mins
- last 5-7 mins I added the cheese on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat