If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love Middle Eastern flavors, so it should come as no surprise that Tabbouleh salad is among our favorites. The classic combination of bulgur wheat, chickpeas, fresh herbs (parsley and mint!), tomatoes and cucumbers is upgraded not only with a lemony kick, but also tangy feta cheese and flavor-packed sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups medium-grind bulgur
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1) In a small saucepan, bring 3 cups of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the bulgur in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. If there is any remaining water, drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve, pushing out excess liquid.
- 2) In a large mixing bowl, combine bulgur, chickpeas, olive oil and cumin. Stir in feta, tomatoes, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley, mint, salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes for flavors to combine. Serve at room temperature.