If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love to BBQ and the weather here in Florida is perfect for grilling all year round. We also love steak on the BBQ but we like to lighten up with grilled chicken breasts. Here is a light and Summery dish that's easy to put together. You can make the marinade and serving sauce ahead and refrigerate. Then all you have to do is make the rice and grill the chicken. I have fresh onion chives growing in my garden and love to see the purple flowers bloom. They are edible and make a pretty garnish for each plate. —Lorraine Fina Stevenski
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice, white or brown
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 cups canned crushed pineapple with juice drained and separated, divided
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh finely minced Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh finely minced onion chives, plus whole stalks with flowers for garnish
- 3 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to serve
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- Light a gas or charcoal grill to medium high. Have the rice cooked (keep warm) and all the ingredients measured and prepped. Have 3 large mixing bowls ready (bowl #1, #2, and #3).
- MAKE THE MARINADE AND SERVING SAUCE: BOWL #1: Add all the chicken breasts; make sure each is cut in half. BOWL #2 (marinade): Add 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons sea salt and 1 teaspoon ground pepper. Whisk it all together until smooth. Toss with the chicken in bowl #1. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes. BOWL #3 (serving sauce): Add all the crushed pineapple, 1/4 cup minced parsley, 2 tablespoons honey mustard, 1 tablespoon minced onion chives and the REMAINING pineapple juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, soy sauce, olive oil, sea salt and ground pepper Whisk together until smooth. Set aside to serve over the chicken and rice.
- GRILL THE CHICKEN: With the grill at 400 degrees on medium heat, arrange a single layer of marinated chicken on the grates. Discard the marinade. Grill just until browned on both sides and the internal temperature is 180 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thin to 1/4" thick.
- LET'S EAT!: Arrange about 1/2 cup arugula on each plate. Arrange the cooked rice in the middle of the plate using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop. Pat the rice into the scoop to keep a nice round shape. Arrange about 6 slices of chicken around the rice. Drizzle the rice and chicken with the serving sauce (bowl #3), top with remaining onion chives, 2 whole stalks with flowers (they are edible) and a fresh grind of pepper. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat