If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Garlic Scape Pesto is made from the tender stems of garlic which has a mild and sweet garlic flavor. Use as traditional pesto on pasta or as a marinade. —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 2/3 cup diced garlic scapes
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan-reggiano
- 1/4 raw pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep you ingredients by dicing your garlic scares, grating you parmesan-reggiano, and squeezing your lemon.
- Combine your garlic scapes, parmesan-regginao, pistachios and lemon juice in a food processor and process at a medium speed until they are roughly chopped. Continue to run the food processor and slowly pour your olive in through the opening of the lid of the food processor. Process until all of the ingredients are very finely chopped and beginning to become smooth. If the pesto seems a little thick add 2-4 Tbsp of water until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Finally stir in salt and pepper to taste. For a basic recipe serve on pasta or zucchini noodles.