This is a traditional dish of Liguria.It is vegetarian, healthy, simple and delicious. It only takes 20 minutes to make and is loved by young and old alike.
This is a traditional dish of Liguria.It is vegetarian, healthy, simple and delicious. It only takes 20 minutes to make and is loved by young and old alike.—woo wei-duan
grams trofie or trenette or linguine (can substitute fusilli if needed)
medium potato rinsed, peeled, and cut into batons 2 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm
grams green beans, rinsed, ends cut, and cut in half
grams pecorino cheese, finely grated for serving
In This Recipe
- Fill a large pot with 7 litres of water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add 70 grams of sea salt. Do not add oil to the water.
- When the water is boiling again, add the trofie and potatoes to the water, stirring occasionally.
- Five minutes before the end of the cooking time indicated on the package of the pasta, add the green beans.
- When the pasta is done, drain the water (reserving ½ cup of pasta water). Do not rinse the pasta. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 pasta bowls. Spoon the pesto into the bowls, stirring with the wooden spoon until evenly coated. Add 20 to 30 ml of pasta water a spoonful at a time to each bowl to loosen the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated pecorino over and serve.