If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a traditional dish of Liguria.It is vegetarian, healthy, simple and delicious. It only takes 20 minutes to make and is loved by young and old alike. —woo wei-duan
- 350 grams trofie or trenette or linguine (can substitute fusilli if needed)
- 1 rinsed, peeled, and cut into batons 2 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm
- 75 grams green beans, rinsed, ends cut, and cut in half
- 250 grams pesto
- 20 grams pecorino cheese, finely grated for serving
- sea salt
- Fill a large pot with 7 litres of water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add 70 grams of sea salt. Do not add oil to the water.
- When the water is boiling again, add the trofie and potatoes to the water, stirring occasionally.
- Five minutes before the end of the cooking time indicated on the package of the pasta, add the green beans.
- When the pasta is done, drain the water (reserving ½ cup of pasta water). Do not rinse the pasta. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 pasta bowls. Spoon the pesto into the bowls, stirring with the wooden spoon until evenly coated. Add 20 to 30 ml of pasta water a spoonful at a time to each bowl to loosen the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated pecorino over and serve.