If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Courtesy of the National Gourmet Institute via GrowNYC Union Square Greenmarket, this refreshing, sprightly salad screams "make me now!" as over half of its ingredients are in their seasonal prime come late June.
The two main ingredients, sugar snap peas and strawberries, play off of each other brilliantly: the earthy, peppery peas are the perfect contrast to the confectionery sweet field strawberries. Tossed gently in a creamy, yogurt dressing dotted with garlicky scapes, refreshing balsamic and basil, and cooling olive oil, the same is simple—but with such fresh, quality ingredients, it's also simply outstanding. —KvellintheKitchen
For the salad:
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and de-stringed*
- 1 pint strawberries, chopped*
For the garlic scape yogurt dressing:
- 1 cup plain yogurt*
- 2 tablespoons white wine balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 4 garlic scapes, minced*
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped*
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oi
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- *Ingredients available seasonally (late June) at the Greenmarket
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, white wine balsamic vinegar, garlic scapes, and basil. Slowly stream in olive oil while stirring, then season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Steam sugar snap peas until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Let cool for a minute before slicing diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces. Toss with strawberries and let cool completely.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.