If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the most refreshing side salad on a hot day. Sweet melon, crunchy jicama, spicy —garlic and zest
- 1 cup ripe cantaloupe, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled -- plus extra for serving
- 1/2 serrano pepper, thinly sliced, seeds removed (optional)
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, julienned
- In a large bowl combine the cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumber, jicama, red onion and serrano peppers (if using). Toss to combine. Add the queso fresco.
- In a small bowl combine the lime zest and agave. Cut the lime in half and add 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice to the agave mixture. Stir to combine and pour over the salad. Toss until the fruit and veg are coated. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle mint and additional queso fresco on the salad.