If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh and spicy Thai salad bursting with flavor, featuring seasonal kohlrabi. A perfect summer dish. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 1/2 pound Kohlrabi, shredded or finely julienned
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped fresh Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Shallot (medium), very thinly sliced
- 1 Red chile, (or more to taste), very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 cup Dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded kohlrabi, mint, Thai basil, cilantro, shallot, and chile.
- 2. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic until well combined. Pour over the kohlrabi mixture, and toss to mix well.
- 3. Mix in ⅔ of the peanuts, then transfer salad and any juices in the bottom of the bowl to a serving plate. Top salad with remaining ⅓ of the peanuts and serve immediately.