If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cook your radishes! A quick, simple stir-fry pairing two crunchy vegetables of early summer. Lightly cook to retain some of the crunch. Want to cook root to stem? Throw in the greens at the end. —Early Morning Farm
- 1 medium kohlrabi bulb
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 tablespoon canola or other high heat oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or shoy soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Prep the vegetables. Use a sharp knife to remove the skin from the kohlrabi. Slice into matchsticks. Remove the leaves from the radishes, and chop off the lower stems. Reserve the leaves. Slice the top and bottom from each radish, then slice into rounds, and slice crosswise into matchsticks. You should have a bit of pink of the ends of the radish sticks.
- Heat oil over high heat in a wok or sauté pan. When oil is hot add Kohlrabi and Radish sticks, stir-fry just for a few minutes then add the soy sauce and rice vinegar. Cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly, until the vegetables start to soften. Fold in the radish leaves (optional) and cook until the leaves are wilted, and vegetables softened, but still crisp. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.