If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegetarian pesto can be modified to be vegan just by omitting the Parmesan. My family loved it, and didn't even notice the kale hidden in there. This three step meal took about 15 minutes to make! A great weeknight choice.
Adapted from Travegan's recipe - added some more greens and omitted the nuts due to allergies. https://food52.com/recipes/5562-avocado-basil-pesto-pasta —Anna
- 16 ounces DeCecco Spinach Linguine (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch basil. Fresh from the garden is preferable!
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (microwave 1 lemon for ~10 seconds, cut in half. Juicing one half was exactly 2 tablespoons for me).
- 3 peeled and pressed garlic cloves
- freshly grated parmesan, salt, ground pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil, cook the pasta.
- While waiting for the water to boil/ the pasta to cook, combine the other ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Once the pasta is ready, add the sauce, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and Parmesan to taste.