If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Scratch-made pizza always tastes better. This dough is adapted from Jim Lahey's no-knead recipe, and is the perfect combination of crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside – it's almost naan-like, and it's virtually impossible to resist a second (or third) slice. —Alexa Arnold
For the dough (recipe adapted from Jim Lahey's no-knead dough)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
For the toppings
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 5 pieces thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped finely
- Whisk together the flour, yeast, salt and rosemary in a large bowl. While stirring, gradually incorporate the water until the dough is a round sticky mass. Transfer to clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise overnight until it's doubled in size and tiny bubbles have formed on the surface, at least 12 hours.
- On a floured work space, take the dough from the bowl and divide it in half. If you're only making one pizza, cover one of the halves in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Sprinkle flour over the remaining dough, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for at least 1 hour. Set the oven to 475 degrees, generously sprinkle flour over the dough, and shape into a large disk, about 1/2 inch thick. Place it on a baking sheet while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it's almost crispy and transfer to a small dish to cool. Meanwhile, cook the oyster mushrooms in butter until they're golden brown in color.
- Combine the ricotta and parmesan in a small bowl, and then carefully spread over the dough with a rubber spatula. Thinly slice the tomatoes and arrange them on the dough. Chop the bacon into inch-long pieces and add them to the pizza, along with the oyster mushrooms. Finely chop the scallions and sprinkle evenly on top of the pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the toppings have crisped. Let cool, slice and serve.