If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy, mashed hakurei turnips with chèvre served with rich radish greens and caramelized leeks. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 1/2 pounds Small to medium sized Hakurei turnips with greens, turnips cleaned and greens coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Spring garlics (or 4 garlic cloves), chopped
- 2 Leeks, green parts removed, split lengthwise then chopped
- 3 ounces Goat cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil. Add turnips and cook for 25-30 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt 1½ tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt remaining ½ tablespoon butter. Add turnip greens and cook until they wilt, 2-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When turnips are soft, drain water and mash until no large chunks remain. Alternatively, you can pulse a couple times in a food processor. Stir in goat cheese and mix until well integrated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate, place greens down first, top with mashed turnips and then leeks.