If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and new way to serve up asparagus with fresh shrimp and zesty vinaigrette to top it off. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 pound Asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound Raw shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 1 Small shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the Asparagus: Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water, set aside. Once water is boiling, add asparagus and cook for 4-6 minutes, until asparagus has softened but still maintains its bright green color. Transfer asparagus directly to ice bath to stop cooking.
- Cook Shrimp: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in shrimp, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until shrimp is just barely pink. Remove from heat.
- Make Dressing and Assemble: a. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot, and mustard. Alternatively, you can use a small jar with a lid and shake it until the dressing emulsifies. b. Place asparagus on a serving platter and top with shrimp. Pour vinaigrette on top and serve immediately.