If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Pakistani tomato, red onion and cucumber salad, spiced with dry roasted cumin, chaat masala (piquant Asian blend), loads of fresh cilantro and mint leaves is a perfect accompaniment to a barbeque, filled in pita wraps with grilled meat or cheese. No Pakistani barbeque would be served without it! I love adding pomegranate to this recipe which adds a bit of sweet sourness. —Sumayya Usmani
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded, chopped finely
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 1 cucumber, deseeded, chopped finely
- 1-2 green chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped finely
- 10 mint leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala (found in Asian shops)
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted cumin, roughly ground in a mortar and pestle
- salt to taste
- juice of one lime
- Combine all the first 5 ingredients with the lemon juice, cumin, salt and chaat masala.
- Refrigerate until serving and stir before serving.