Author Notes: The smooth cauliflower dough combined with the smoky flavour of the bacon and the sweetness of maple syrup and figs, make a deliciously pop-in-your-mouth on every bite of this cake. —Laura | Lau Sunday cooks
grams large cauliflower cut into florets
cup coconut flour
teaspoon gluten free baking soda
large free-range egg
large free-range egg whites
teaspoon maple syrup + 1 tsp. to brush the bacon
strips of smoked bacon
small figs, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 200C / 450C. Grease a baking tin.
- Brush the bacon strips with the maple sirup and grill for 10 minutes until crispy and golden
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor. Pulse until chopped and it looks like cauliflower rice.
- Transfer de cauliflower rice to a large bowl, then stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, egg whites, egg and maple syrup and combine all together.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and smooth the top.
- Turn the heat down to 190C / 375F and bake for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 180C/350F and bake further 50 minutes until risen and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and top with the figs slices and the maple-glazed bacon.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!