If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The smooth cauliflower dough combined with the smoky flavour of the bacon and the sweetness of maple syrup and figs, make a deliciously pop-in-your-mouth on every bite of this cake. —Laura | Lau Sunday cooks
grams large cauliflower cut into florets
cup coconut flour
teaspoon gluten free baking soda
large free-range egg
large free-range egg whites
teaspoon maple syrup + 1 tsp. to brush the bacon
strips of smoked bacon
small figs, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 200C / 450C. Grease a baking tin.
- Brush the bacon strips with the maple sirup and grill for 10 minutes until crispy and golden
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor. Pulse until chopped and it looks like cauliflower rice.
- Transfer de cauliflower rice to a large bowl, then stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, egg whites, egg and maple syrup and combine all together.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and smooth the top.
- Turn the heat down to 190C / 375F and bake for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 180C/350F and bake further 50 minutes until risen and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and top with the figs slices and the maple-glazed bacon.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!