If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you follow my Instagram (@cle_ann) you will know I love to forage for my own mushrooms! This dish is great for breakfast or as a side dish to a hearty winter roast. Here I serve it with toasted homemade gluten free bread and scrambled eggs. The combination of butter, garlic chives, thyme, pecorino and prosciutto are classics that suit the mushroom SO well! Give this a go with any mushroom you like, or a combination of them. —Cle-ann
- 2 generous tbsp butter
- Couple of handfuls chopped saffron milk caps
- Handful of chopped garlic chives
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Pinch murray river salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Splash extra virgin olive oil
- Shaved Sardinian pecorino cheese
- Prosciutto crumbs
- To make the prosciutto crumbs. Place 4 slices of prosciutto under a medium grill and cook until crisp and dry. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Heat a frypan, add butter and a splash of olive oil, add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Add garlic chives, thyme, season and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve mushrooms, drizzle over a little olive oil, top with pecorino and crush the grilled prosciutto over the mushrooms in your hand.
- Serve with your favourite breakfast sides or as a side dish. Share