If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love quinoa, and I love vegetables. I especially love both of these things when I am doing a 14-day dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, caffeine-free, alcohol-free (among other things) cleanse. This is an attempt at creating something super simple and super indulgent. It's great all on its own or with some dry-poached chicken breast for added protein.
Forgive the silly portmanteau. I couldn't resist. —Julia Petrich
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa (or other quinoa on hand)
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium zucchini (quartered and sliced)
- The juice and zest of one lemon
- Rinse the quinoa. For added flavor, toast the dry quinoa in a little olive oil in a pot on medium heat for up to five minutes. Then, add two cups water and allow the quinoa to reach a boil. Cover and simmer 20 minutes until done.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a separate pan. Add onions, and allow to soften and begin to brown. Then, add garlic and zucchini. Stir until cooked.
- Add the quinoa to the vegetables. Toss with more olive oil to your preference. Add the zest and juice of a lemon. Serve.