If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect summer salad with fresh corn and herbs, inspired by the latest Bon Appetit issue. Lots of flavor and perfect for a gathering! —Johanna's Table
- 1 packet of Trader Joes harvest grains
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 corn on the cob
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint
- 3-4 tablespoons white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- freshly ground black pepper & salt, to taste
- Cook 1 packet of Trader Joes harvest grains (makes 3 cups of Israeli couscous, red quinoa, orzo & split garbanzo beans) in 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth, salt & 1 tbsp of butter according to boiling instructions.
- Cook 4 corn on the cobs in milk and boiling water that was reduced to simmer for 6 minutes.
- Remove and let both the grain and corn cool.
- Combine 2 cups of chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint, 1/2 cup basil & 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/2 cup of EVOO, 3-4 tbsp white wine vinegar, juice of 1 lime, juice of 1 lemon & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Slice corn from cob and toss the cooled corn and grains with everything.
- Serve or store in fridge for the next day!