Author Notes: Creamy, chocolate-y, and minty fresh - this ice cream is all of those things and more. And it has chunks of vegan and gluten free Double Mint Chip cookies sprinkled throughout. Whether or not you are vegan or gluten free, this ice cream is sure to please. —Alexis Chan
Makes: 5 cups
ounces full fat coconut milk
cup fresh mint leaves
teaspoon peppermint extract
cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
tablespoons coconut oil, melted
ounces Conscious Cookie Double Mint Chip Cookie Dough
- The night before: soak the cashews in a bowl of water and put your churning bowl in the freezer.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan. Add the mint leaves to the pot and steep for about 15 minutes then let the milk cool.
- When the ice cream is done churning, stir the cookies in saving some for the topping.
- Depending on your ice cream churner, you may need to put the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours to harden. When it has reached the desired consistency, sprinkle with cookies and enjoy! This would also be great for an ice cream cookie sandwich! Just bake some larger cookies for 10-13 minutes at 350F and assemble.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert