If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful application for summer cucumbers, this cool and creamy cucumber yogurt dip is intensely satisfying with grilled meats, vegetables, and breads. When the grill is hot, brush a few halved lemons with olive oil and throw them on for a few minutes until charred. Grilling the lemons brings out a sweeter, more concentrated citrus flavor and a hint of smokiness. Serve this grilled lemon tzatziki as a dip with grilled flatbread or generously pour it over burgers, salmon, or grilled vegetables. As for the grilled lemons, be sure to grill a few extras for iced tea or whiskey sours. —Chase the Flavors
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 1 large or 2 small cucumbers, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 lemons, grilled and juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerator until ready to serve. For a thinner tzatziki, blend 1/2 of the tzatziki in a food processor until smooth then reintegrate it with the rest. It's delicious right away, but the flavors gets better after a few hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe