If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You might think what an odd combination of ingredients for a salad, but trust you me, they work wonderfully together! The salad is light and refreshing. I made it for the office potluck and it was a hit! Light and refreshing, this salad is a perfect side dish for grilled meat or an appetizer along with crackers. —All that's Jas
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 4 ounces canned tiny shrimp
- 5 ounces canned tuna in water
- 4 ounces canned whole button mushrooms
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions or my way: In a small saucepan heat one tablespoon butter or oil over medium heat. Add rice and stir for 2-3 minutes or until grains change color from translucent to white and the fragrance is intensified (that’s if you’re using aromatic rice like Basmati or Jasmin).
- Add 1 cup water or vegetable stock (I always cook my rice with the 1:2 rice to water ratio). If you’re using water, season with salt, about 1 teaspoon. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cover and simmer until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients (drain the canned ingredients first), taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Garnish with lemon and egg wedges if desired. Enjoy!