cups arborio rice
can coconut milk
In This Recipe
- heat the broth in a separate saucepan and keep warm over low heat
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add carrots and diced onion until translucent. Next add garlic and curry powder until fragrant. Add the risotto and stir for @ 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the chiles.
- Now add the broth, a cup at a time, stirring it until each cup is absorbed. Continue cooking and stirring. I taste the risotto around the time I add the 6th cup of broth. You don't want it to be mushy and you want to make sure there's enough salt and pepper.
- Once the risotto is the done, creamy and firm, remove from heat. Here's when you want to add the spinach so it wilts. Stir until incorporated, then add 1/2 can coconut milk stir and add the rest if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)