If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A protein packed tabbouleh salad made with chickpeas, fresh summer herbs, and carrot greens. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 1 cup Carrot greens, tough stems removed
- 1 cup Fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1 Small shallot, roughly chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Finely chopped tomato
- 1 cup Chopped persian, or english cucumber
- 2 teaspoons Za'atar (optional)
- Combine the carrot greens, parsley, mint, olive oil, shallot, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper in a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped and well mixed, about 20-30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix together the herb mixture, chickpeas, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, and za’atar if using. Season to taste with additional salt as needed.