If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bright and colorful, this is the perfect soup for all seasons. Eat it warm or chilled. Thick and creamy, I even recommend spreading some on a thick, rusty bread for a unique sandwich. To make this soup, you’ll need either an immersion blender, food processor or regular blender. —With The Grains
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 local/organic sweet onion, diced
- 4 local garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece ginger (about a 2-inch chunk), peeled and sliced
- 6 small beets, peeled and roasted
- 1 local parsnip, peeled and large dice
- 2 medium local sweet potatoes, peeled and large dice
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegan version)
- 15 ounces (1 can) organic coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 pinch sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 handful pistachios for garnish
- 1-2 tablespoons Greek yogurt for garnish
- 1-2 sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1-2 radishes, sliced for garnish
- In a large dutch oven or large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger, stirring often, until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add parsnips and sweet potatoes, and sauté for another 4-5 minutes, then add stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat. Add beets, and continue to simmer until parsnips and sweet potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Using an immersion hand blender or regular blender, blend soup until desired smoothness.
- Garnish with a dollop or swirl of Greek yogurt, chopped pistachios, greens and fresh radishes. Enjoy!