If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A straightforward recipe of roasted potatoes and rosemary paired with fresh figs to add a little sweetness to this savory dish —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 cup Dried black mission figs (see note in instructions) or 6-8 fresh black mission figs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large shallot
- 1½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths, depending on size
- 2 tablespoons Fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- If using dried figs: 1. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Pour boiling water over dried figs and let soak for about 2-3 minutes to plump them up. Drain water and cut figs in half. Set aside.
- To prepare the dish: 1. Melt butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes, rosemary, and salt and cook until potatoes are nearly done, about 15 minutes. 2. Reduce heat and add in figs and balsamic vinegar. Stir well, then pour in wine. Scrape up any of the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan and cook for 3-5 more minutes, until wine has reduced and potatoes are cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit