If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an amazing, filling breakfast that transports you to your favorite tropical island. It is easy to whip together and can even be made ahead of time. —Emily
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, gluten-free preferred
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, or agave if vegan
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped, unsalted cashews, lightly toasted
- Add the oats, coconut milk, and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Cook until oats have softened and desired consistency is reached.
- Remove oats from the heat, sprinkle in the pinch of salt. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon of honey and tablespoon of coconut butter.
- Pour into a bowl and top with mango, coconut flakes, and cashews. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut