If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The carrot, creme fraiche and coconut offer a tangy sweetness to this soup, with a rich velvety texture. You can serve it hot or chilled, this spicy Spring carrot soup tastes great both ways. —BrazilianFlairintheUSA
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and rough chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste or 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- kosher salt a taste
- pepper a taste
- Crème fraîche garnish
- fresh grated coconut garnish
- Preheat medium pot over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil, butter, onions and carrots and saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger coriander, curry and cayenne and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and 1 t. each salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until carrots are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Blend soup in 2 or 3 small batches until soup is smooth and carrots are fully pureed in a blender or use an immersion blender to blend directly in the pot until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowl and garnish with crème fraîche and coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut