If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Put down the takeout menu! In the time it would take for the delivery guy to arrive, you'll have this simple, healthier version on the table. Crispy Beef with Noodles is spicy and satisfying! —Sip and Spice
For the Beef:
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 packet 10 oz noodles
- 3 scallions, sliced
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-4 tablespoons hot chili paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- Slice the beef into thin, bite size strips. Toss in a Ziploc bag with the cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Make sure it's totally zipped up and shakeshakeshake to coat.
- Get water boiling for the noodles. Cook according to package directions.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil. Get it hothothot. Fry the beef in batches until it is crispy and cooked through. Drain the beef on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles, beef and sauce to combine. Serve in bowls with a generous sprinkle of scallions.