If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes. When I was a private cook I invented this dish for a client who loved zucchini and tomatoes. She especially adored when I added tomato paste to her turkey burgers. So it’s how I got the idea of using tomato paste to flavor the quinoa. I call this tomato quinoa! With the addition of a few other veggies it makes a fantastic gluten free and vegan meal. —GlutenFreeBabe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, or 1 ear of corn (kernels shaved)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lemon
- Rinse quinoa and add to a pot with 1½ cups water.
- Cover, bring to a simmer, then turn heat down to low and cook for 15 minutes with the cover on the pot.
- Check to make sure all the water has absorbed into the quinoa (and there is none at the bottom of the pot). Then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, pepper, and zucchini and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and sauté another minute.
- Add the parsley and tomato paste, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked quinoa and the juice from 1 lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.