If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've included two popular dipping sauces here: fish sauce-based sauce and a hoisin peanut sauce. Like the spring rolls, these dipping sauces are highly customizable according to taste and restaurants will often have their own signature sauce. —Betty
For the fish sauce dipping sauce:
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon thinly sliced fresh Thai chiles
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together all of the ingredients and refrigerate. Store for 1 day prior to serving in order to let the chile flavor infuse.
For the hoisin peanut dipping sauce:
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons pork broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- chopped peanuts, optional
- Whisk together the hoisin, pork broth, and peanut butter.
- In a small fry pan, heat the garlic and oil and sautée until fragrant. Add the hoisin sauce mixture and the sugar, then simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until thick. Let cool.
- Top with peanuts, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!