If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A summer appetizer salad, with grilled peaches and fennel, greens, basil, and toasted pumpkin seeds. Hits all the flavors. —The Gantzery
- 1 piece firm peach (ideally a 'freestone' variety
- 1 bunch Mizuna, roughly chopped (spinach works, too)
- 1 piece radicchio, roughly chopped
- 1 piece fennel, cut in half, then sliced
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat grill pan on low
- Cut the fennel in half, then slice.
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel with 1 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Cut the peach around the stone. Remove the pit, then cut each half into 5 wedges - 10 wedges total.
- In a large bowl, combine the peach wedges with 1 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix gently.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan over medium heat. Stir every 20-30 seconds for about 2 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Spread fennel evenly on grill pan. Stir every minute, for about 4-6 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Grill peaches 1 minute on first side, and 30 seconds on the second side.
- Assemble salad on two plates - greens, then fennel, the avocado, then basil, peaches, pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle dressing over everything.