If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Rice cooked with colorful vegetables is an instant hit with both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Its mouth-watering aroma originates from the whole spices used in this recipe. This is a recipe that can be cooked quickly when you are short on time. It can be served either as a main dish or as a side dish and tastes best when eaten with raita. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/mixed-vegetable-pulao —Healthline
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sticks (1 inch each) cinnamon
- 4 brown cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch long strips
- 1/4 pound French beans, cut diagonally into 3-inch long strips
- 1 cup green peas, shelled or frozen
- 3 cups raw Basmati rice (washed and drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms, and cloves. Stir for a few seconds or till the cumin seeds and other spices are roasted, giving a specific aroma.
- Add carrots, beans, and peas. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add washed and drained rice. Keep stirring occasionally and fry the rice till it turns opaque (about 5 minutes). Add salt and water. Stir to mix the salt completely.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes over medium-high heat or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is fully cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe