If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy summer salad with a bit of a kick. The roasted shallots in the vinaigrette give it a nice creaminess and the Tajin seasoning & cayenne add a subtle spiciness. —Cravings in Amsterdam
For the Salad:
- 2 cups of diced watermelon
- 2 cups of diced galia melon
- 100 grams of feta, crumbled
- 1/2 red apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 handfuls of arugula
For the roasted shallot vinaigrette & chili vinaigrette:
- 4 small shallots
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tajin chili-lime powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pinch of cayenne
- For decoration: Daikon cress
- First roast the shallots; place them in an oven tray with the skin on. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and roast them at 180C/350F for 45 minutes. Once they are roasted, allow them to cool down enough to touch them. Then take the skins off.
- Blend the roasted shallots with the rest of the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Divide the arugula between two plates. Then add the watermelon, melon and apples. Add the crumbled feta and the blueberries. Finish by adding the daikon cress. Serve with the vinaigrette on the side.