If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I made this lasagna was about five years ago, when I wanted to serve my family something different that would satisfy us as much as our traditional lasagna. We had loads of zucchini in the garden, frozen peas in the freezer, and green beans in the fridge, so I decided to make a green dinner.
It was a huge success and has become our favorite recipe for family meals. It takes only ten minutes to assemble and thirty minutes to bake, and the combination of crunchy green vegetables and creamy but fresh white sauce is hard to resist. —Renée Kemps
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
tablespoons all-purpose or spelt flour
milliliters vegetable stock
grams Parmesan, divided
grams mozzarella cheese
lemon, zested and juiced
pinch sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
teaspoon chili flakes
grams lasagna sheets
grams peas, fresh or frozen
grams green beans
- Preheat oven to 400° F (180° C).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add flour, stir well, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the stock and stir until smooth. Add 100 grams of the Parmesan and simmer for a couple of minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- In the meantime, cut the zucchini and mozzarella into thin slices. Set aside.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice to the cheese sauce and season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Pour a little of the sauce on the bottom of a baking dish (I used a 10- by 10-inch dish, but another size would work too—the lasagna might be a little thicker or thinner and you'll have to monitor the baking time). Cover the bottom with lasagna sheets.
- Add 1/3 of all of the vegetables (zucchini slices, peas, and green beans).
- Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the remaining Parmesan on top. Repeat 2 times.
- Place the mozzarella on the top layer and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until completely cooked through, bubbly, and golden brown.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!