If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled summer squash with fresh peaches, salty blue cheese, and delicious reduced balsamic in a perfect seasonal salad. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- ½ cups Balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 2 pounds Summer squash of any variety, sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces lengthwise
- 2 Peaches, cut in half, pit removed Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Basil, chopped
- ½ cups Blue cheese, crumbled
- If you’re making your own balsamic reduction, pour balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat and let it simmer until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Arrange squash and peaches on a baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on grill and cook squash for about 2 minutes per side. Peaches will take about 3-4 minutes. Transfer back to baking sheet.
- Arrange squash slices on a platter. Slice each peach half into 3-4 smaller pieces, then place on top of squash. Sprinkle mint, basil, and blue cheese on top. Drizzle balsamic reduction to finish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of