If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thick with hearty root vegetables, this chunky soup is great for a quick meal on a cool evening. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/hearty-vegetable-lentil-soup —Healthline
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 turnip, scrubbed and diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dash reduced sodium soy sayce
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and next 5 ingredients and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add wine and cook until wine reduces by 3/4 . Add lentils and next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered about 30 minutes.
- Add thyme and cook 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe