If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're going to adulterate fattoush, I urge you to do so with seared halloumi and fresh figs. —Emily Nichols | www.hungryinlove.com
- 2 8-inch rounds of pita bread
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 pint figs, quartered and stems removed
- 4 ounces halloumi cheese
- 3-4 cups parsely leaves, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons suman
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt
- Toast the pita - place pita in a 400 degree oven; toast until crisp enough that you can crack into shards with your hands, about 10 minutes (alternatively you can grill the bread)
- Sear the halloumi - place cheese in a hot cast iron skillet over medium heat, drizzled with a bit of olive oil; sear halloumi until nicely browned, then flip and repeat; about 3-4 minutes per side. Allow to cool for a minute, then cut into small cubes.
- Assemble the salad - Using your hands break pita into small shards; add tomatoes, cucumber, figs, parsley, halloumi, sumac, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and toss. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow pita to soften slightly.