If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An entertaining-ready spin on a classic watermelon salad. There’s nothing better than the crisp sweetness of watermelon paired up with rich crab meat, tangy whipped Crazy Feta, and a sprinkle of spicy jalapeño salt. Now you just have to throw a party so you can serve this. —CAVA
- 1 medium seedless red watermelon
- 2 Haas avocados, tender to the touch but not overripe
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 1 kalamata olive hummus
- 1 package Crazy Feta, softened
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Maldon salt
- For the whipped feta, pulse Crazy Feta, cream cheese, and lime juice in a food processor until light and creamy. For jalapeño salt, roast jalapeño slices at 500 degrees Fahrenheit 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly charred. Mince jalapeño and pat with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Stir into Maldon salt.
- Slice watermelon into ½-inch slices and then cut each slice into quarters. Halve avocados and remove pit. Use a spoon to carefully remove avocado from skin. Cut avocados crosswise into ½ -inch slices.
- To assemble, layer one piece of watermelon, a smear of whipped feta, one slice of avocado, another of red watermelon, a smear of kalamata hummus, and a heaping spoonful of crab meat. Sprinkle with jalapeño salt to finish. Feel free to portion smaller pieces of watermelon and avocado and layer these into two tiers – it’s all about making sure you get the right portion without the whole thing toppling over.