If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan take on the classic Caesar, with a creamy cashew dressing.
Find directions on how to make cashew cream here: https://food52.com/blog/13928-how-to-make-a-batch-of-cashew-cream-and-use-it-up-during-the-week. —Sophie - Wholehearted Eats
- 1/2 cup cashew cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups kale, stems removed and torn into bite-sized peices
- 1/2 cup salted and toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a food processor, combine the cashew cream, lemon juice and zest, garlic, mustard, olive oil, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Put the kale in a large bowl, sprinkle it with a pinch of salt, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Massage it until it begins to soften. Combine with the dressing, mixing well.
- Finally, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, and sunflower seeds, and grind to a crumbly texture. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, mix in the avocado and sprinkle with the sunflower crumble.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!