If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nutty and substantial waffle with a gingery spread. —Sophie - Wholehearted Eats
For the rye waffles:
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup white or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- Fresh fruit, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
For the ginger cashew cream:
- 1 cup cashew cream
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (like honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Begin by making the waffles. Sift together the flours and baking powder. Stir in the salt.
- Combine the brown sugar, milk, eggs, and oil in another bowl, mixing well. Stir the wet into the dry mixture, combining well.
- Cook batter in a waffle iron following the manufacturer's instructions. Serve alongside lots of fresh fruit, ginger cashew cream, and maple syrup.
- To make the ginger cashew cream, begin by grating the fresh ginger and squeezing it in cheesecloth to remove the juice. Measure approximately 1 tablespoon ginger juice. Stir into the cashew cream along with the cinnamon and sweetener.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!