If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in Costa Rica so mangoes are always a great idea for savory recipes too.
Also the beer and the smoked paprika adds a great flavor to the oyster mushrooms.
Both, mangoes and mushrooms, are a great contrast between fresh and earthy flavors.
—Qué Rico Todo
Makes 10 tacos
- 500 grams Oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Ale beer of your choice
- splashes Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Cut the mushrooms into strips. In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are browned. It is important at this point not move or shake the pan because otherwise they will not brown.
- Then add salt, lime juice, paprika and the beer.
- Let the alcohol evaporate and check the salt. Reserve.
- 2 Ripe mangoes cut into small cubes
- 1 cup White cabagge cut into thin strips
- 1 Medium red onion cut into thin strips
- 1 Jalapeño pepper sliced
- 3 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 dash Olive oil
- handfuls Cilantro
- In a bowl put the cabbage, mango, onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Season with lime juice, a drizzle of olive oil and salt. I refrigerate covered by at least one hour.
- Serve the mushrooms and the slaw in a homemade corn tortilla with avocado and a pinch of sea salt.