If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in Costa Rica so mangoes are always a great idea for savory recipes too.
Also the beer and the smoked paprika adds a great flavor to the oyster mushrooms.
Both, mangoes and mushrooms, are a great contrast between fresh and earthy flavors.
—Qué Rico Todo
Makes 10 tacos
grams Oyster mushrooms
cup Ale beer of your choice
splashes Lime juice
teaspoon Smoked paprika
tablespoon Olive oil
- Cut the mushrooms into strips. In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are browned. It is important at this point not move or shake the pan because otherwise they will not brown.
- Then add salt, lime juice, paprika and the beer.
- Let the alcohol evaporate and check the salt. Reserve.
Ripe mangoes cut into small cubes
cup White cabagge cut into thin strips
Medium red onion cut into thin strips
Jalapeño pepper sliced
tablespoons Lime juice
dash Olive oil
- In a bowl put the cabbage, mango, onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Season with lime juice, a drizzle of olive oil and salt. I refrigerate covered by at least one hour.
- Serve the mushrooms and the slaw in a homemade corn tortilla with avocado and a pinch of sea salt.