If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The crispy, warm fritters dipped in cool yogurt sauce make for an afternoon of ultimate relaxation in a serene summer setting —Twin Tastes
Makes 10-12 fritters
Lemon and Dill Dipping Sauce
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 2 zucchinis grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- pinches salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Grate the zucchini and place in a colander. Add 1 t of salt and let the water drain from the zucchini, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the drained zucchini, feta, mint, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beaten egg.
- Add the breadcrumbs and flour, and stir to create a batter. The batter should be more wet than sticky.
- Pour the canola oil into a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, gently place large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan allow to spread like pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat, place on a paper-lined plate to soak up the excess oil, and continue with the remaining batter
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash