If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beef Brisket with Daikon and Leek in Clear Broth —Oh Sweet Day!
Serves: 6 to 8
pounds beef brisket
grams rock sugar
pound daikon, peeled and cut into pieces
pound leek, rinsed and sliced
cup chopped green onion
- Boil the beef brisket for 10 minutes. Rinse it under cold water and drain it well.
- In a large pot, put in star anise, ginger, bay leaves, rock sugar, salt and water. Cover and bring it to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add beef and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until beef is tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Leave the pot in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let the beef fat solidify.
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board, and cut into chunks.
- Remove the fat from the broth with a big spoon.
- Heat up the clear broth with the daikon. Keep cooking over medium heat until the daikon is soften, about 20 minutes.
- Add leek and beef , and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh green onion.