Author Notes: Easy dessert to whip up quickly on a weeknight or even a weekend party —Oh Sweet Day!
piece thawed puff pastry, around 6x10 inches
egg, lightly beaten
cup granulated sugar
ounces cream cheese, softened
tablespoons heavy cream
tablespoons powdered sugar
cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll the puff pastry to enlarge it a little bit. Roll the boarders inward to create a dent. Use a fork to poke holes all over the centre.
- Brush the puff pastry with the beaten egg, and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar over the centre.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry puffs up and turns golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Use a hand-held mixer to combine cream cheese and the remaining sugar until well mixed. Add heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Gently spread the cream cheese mixture over the centre of the cooled tart. Top with strawberries.
- Store in refrigerator. Sprinkle powder sugar before serving.