If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Living in South Florida has it's challenges. The heat and humidity can be unbearable at times and the electricity bills can run high because the air conditioning is on full speed all day and night. Of course, we have beautiful beaches and warm water to have fun in which kinda makes up for it!
I love seafood and am always looking for the fresh catch of the day. Hogfish, also known as Hog Snapper is my new favorite as it is local, very flaky, light, buttery and slightly sweet. I always recommend going to the fish market or grocery store and talking to the person behind the counter. Get to know what fish is fresh, did not have to travel far to get to you as well as what tastes best!
As it is summer, I decided to pair this delicate fish fillet with a summer ratatouille...my way. —Joni Gomes
cup cherry tomatoes
teaspoon oregano (dried or fresh)
cup fresh cilantro
- Start by pre heating your oven to 450F. Next, cut the zucchini, yellow squash, and carrot into equal sized cubes and add onto a baking sheet with 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast the veggies for 30 minutes tossing the veggies half way through to ensure even roasting.
- While the veggies are roasting, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add to a large bowl with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp of dried or fresh oregano, 1/2 cup of chopped, fresh cilantro, and about 1/8 tsp of salt and pepper. Stir and set aside. Leaving this mixture out on the counter for a few minutes will allow all of the flavors to get to know each other ;)
- Once the veggies are done, let them cool slightly. During this time, heat up a large skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season your fish fillet with some salt, only a sprinkle per side. Pan fry the fish fillet for 2 minutes on each side on medium heat. After the fish is cooked, dab some of the excess oil off with a paper towel.
- The final step before plate assembly is adding the roasted veggies to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes and stir.
- Time to eat! Finish the dish with a squeeze of lemon juice over the filet for that fresh citrus zing. Hope you enjoy!