If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have not been to Thailand, nor China, nor Korea. Not yet. But our somehow imagination of what Asian food look and tastes helped us create this dish. We wanted something fresh, quick, easy and of course unbelievably delicious. That is always a goal. We used the ingredients that are from our environment, but added some that create a bit more Asian flavours. At least for us. Peanuts, rice noodles and soya sauce hopefully we have made you justice. We love this dish and it is absolutely our go to "asian" inspired salad. —jernejkitchen
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 lime, zest
- 1/4 thumb size ginger, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 chilli, grated
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lime, zest
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 spring onions, small
- 1/2 ginger
- 2 handfuls celeriac, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini
- 2 handfuls peanuts
- mixed chillies (for extra spiciness)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 beef steaks, shoulder (1 cm thick / 0.4 inch thick)
- 1 handful mint, balm and coriander
- 200 grams rice noodles
- First prepare the marinade. In a bowl mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime zest, grated ginger, brown sugar and grated chilli. Pour this marinade over your beef steaks and set aside in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Slice the spring onions on thin slices, use green part too. Grate the ginger. Wash and peel zucchini then slice it in thin straps. Wash and peel the cucumbers, slice it thinly, using a speed peeler.
- Prepare rice noodles, using the instructions written on a package. When cooked, wash it well under the running water to wash out the starch. This prevents sticking the noodles together.
- Prepare the salad dressing. In a small bowl mix together 4 tbsp lime juice, zest of 1 lime, 2 tbsp peanut oil, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tbsp brown sugar. If you like it spicy, add the dry chilli flakes.
- Set a grill pan over a high heat. Add 2 handfuls of peanuts to the hot pan and fry until they are golden. Set aside until needed. Pat dry the steaks and clean the grill pan, using paper kitchen towels. Put the pan back on a stove, over a high heat. Add peanut oil to the pan, when it gets really smoking hot. Grill the steaks one minute on each side to get them medium, or more if you like them well done. Set aside for 5 minutes to chill. Slice them on thin straps, about 0.5 cm / 0.2 inch thickness.
- Gently mix together cold rice noodles and vegetables. Add think slices of beef steaks. Roughy chop the mint, balm and coriander. Add to the salad bowl. Pour over the salad dressing, add roughly chopped peanuts and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash